- Vivian Hendriksz |
London - With the start of London Fashion Week just a day away, FashionUnited asks how much income such an extravagant event generates, how much money visitors spend and how much money the city of London itself makes? Although LFW does not make the most out of the global fashion weeks, coming in second to New York Fashion Week, based on our calculations the total income made from London Fashion Week is 269 million pounds (322 million euros).
Key Figures for London Fashion Week
- Number of visitors 105,000
- Total income: 269 million pounds
- City income: 52.6 million pounds
- Business income: 216 million pounds
- Venue income: 74 million pounds
- Restaurant income: 76 million pounds
- Retail income: 63 million pounds
- Accommodation income: 55.5 million pounds
- Average expenditure per visitor: 1,855 pounds
Interested in reading more on how much money London Fashion Week generates? Then click here for the in-depth version.
Interested to see which events, shows and more you shouldn't miss during LFW? Then click here to see our interactive map.
Photo: London Fashion Week, Mary Katrantzou AW16, Facebook