Viktor rolf news and archive
Sebastian Dahlmanns, Head of Design Viktor & Rolf: Tips on landing a job in fashion
Sebastian Dahlmans works in Amsterdam at Viktor&Rolf. As Head of Design, he has exciting insights into life as a designer at an international fashion label. In a conversation with FashionUnited, he reveals what qualities he looks for in interns, which mistakes to avoid and how to get the best start in the fashion industry. How did you get your...
6 Oct 2021
OTB posts 14 percent drop in full year turnover
OTB group, parent to Diesel, Maison Margiela, Marni, Viktor&Rolf, Amiri, Staff International and Brave Kid closed the financial year 2020 with consolidated turnover decrease of 14 percent from the previous year to 1,317 million euros, with net revenues of 1,238 million euros. The company said in a statement that revenues rose by 20 percent at...
10 Feb 2021
Video: Viktor&Rolf Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2020
Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2020 concluded last week, but not without the presentation of Dutch design duo Viktor& Rolf. Although it could not host a physical runway, the fashion house made the most of the digital week with its 5 minute long presentation of the haute couture collection. The looks which were "inspired by coronavirus" feature the...
13 Jul 2020
Viktor and Rolf embraces coronavirus for haute couture
Viktor and Rolf brought their unique sense of humour and social commentary to Paris Haute Couture Week with a collection inspired by the challenging unprecedented times caused by Covid-19, with a short film featuring singer Mika offering deadpan commentary on the looks in the style of a British newsreel from the Fifties. In the show notes,...
9 Jul 2020
OTB launches “hyper real” digital showroom
The OTB group, which includes Diesel, Margiela, Marni and Viktor and Rolf, has launched what it is calling a “hyper real” virtual sales showroom to sell its spring/summer 2021 collections after it accelerated its transition to digital options due to the coronavirus pandemic. In a statement, OTB said that the digital showroom would see all of its...
24 Jun 2020
Viktor & Rolf links with Calida to launch 100 percent compostable collection
Dutch luxury fashion house Viktor & Rolf has teamed up with Swiss premium underwear label Calida to launch a cradle-to-cradle collection which is 100 percent compostable. The capsule, called ‘We Want A Better World’, comprises underwear, pajamas and t-shirts for both women and men, and is inspired by the free-spirited and eco-conscious Woodstock...
10 Apr 2020
Diesel parent OTB posts 6.4 percent rise in 2019 turnover
OTB, the Italian fashion group’s turnover exceeded 1.5 billion euros, coming in at 1,530 million euros (1,741 million dollars), up 6.4 percent compared to 2018, and growing in all businesses, channels with retail growth of 9 percent, and regions. The company said in a statement that consolidated EBITDA reached 190 million euros (216 million...
10 Mar 2020
Viktor & Rolf steps back into menswear
Dutch luxury fashion house Viktor & Rolf is relaunching a menswear collection five years after closing its ready-to-wear business. The collection, called Mister Mister, is a playful take on formalwear and an extension of the personal style of the house’s founders Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren. The intimate collection of around 130 pieces...
15 Jan 2020
OTB increases its stakes in Viktor & Rolf to 70 percent
Italian group OTB has increased its stake from 51 percent to 70 percent in Viktor&Rolf. The company said that the remaining 30 percent will be equally split between the two Dutch designers Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren, who founded by the label in 1993 and joined the OTB group in 2008. Commenting on the development, Renzo Rosso, President of...
25 Jul 2019
Video: Haute couture AW19/20 show by Viktor & Rolf
Viktor & Rolf puts on it's Fall Winter 2019/2020 couture show in Paris. Source: Kendam, YouTube.
5 Jul 2019
Aubade collaborates with Viktor&Rolf
French lingerie brand Aubade has collaborated with Dutch design duo Viktor&Rolf on a one-off capsule lingerie collection which aims to “seductively” merge the world of avant-garde fashion with premium lingerie. The exclusive 9-piece collection for autumn/winter 2019/20 centres around the bow, a quintessential symbol of the brand, which Aubade...
23 May 2019
Video: Viktor & Rolf | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2019
Take a look at Viktor & Rolf's SS19 Haute Couture show in Paris and it's wordy ensambles Source: FF Channel, YouTube.
29 Jan 2019